Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yellow...










Every garden needs a little bit of yellow. It is like instant Sunshine in your garden. I like to have something yellow blooming at all times. I got something new this year, of course it WAS blooming!! lol But it isn't now. I'm hoping it will bloom again. With all this crazy weather who knows. This one has a long name for such a small flower:

Helianthemum nummularium Ben More "Rock Rose".





This one is Yellow Geum it blooms most of the summer...


Yellow Primrose along side the Campanula Bellflowers is a great pop of color...
Yellow Loosestrife is a nice one but you have to keep an eye on it so it doesn't take over everything. It is nice and tall so I keep it in the back of the garden..


Look at the detail in this little guy.. This is a tiny one about the size of a nickle but what a beauty.

This is Cinquefoil...

It has a leaf like a strawberrry and also comes in red.



This is a long bloomer and great cut flowers. They are tall but stand on their own.

It is Helipsos or Summer Sun Sunflower. I grew this one for the first time from seed and gave it to my daughters... It is a keeper...

Helenium autumnal or Sneezeweed it is 4-5' tall. Also a great long bloomer and stands by itself. I moved this one a few years ago and split it, into the back bed.

Ok are you tired of YELLOW yet???

Finally an annual, Gazinia I plant them every year and they bloom...bloom...bloom... and come in all different colors. Also another one that is easy to grow from seeds.

I didn't realize how much yellow I really had but I will quit now and save some for later..

HAVE A GOOD ONE...

Lynn

No comments: