Friday, June 20, 2008

THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER...

In the United States and the rest of the northern hemisphere, the first day of the summer season is the day of the year when the Sun is farthest north (on June 20th or 21st). This day is known as the Summer Solstice.
SO AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED IT IS "SUMMER !!



I had some new bloomers today..


This first one is a petunia ... Limonchello F1 Hybrid
It's just a nice lemon yellow.

I started this one from seed this spring.
















This one will soon be a sea of yellow all over it. It is Coreopsis Verticillata. This one really gets big, but it is easy to dig just a chunk of out to share early in the spring.
















This Calla Lilly is one I have had for a long time, I never take in the bulb in the fall, but it is in a really protected area close to the house. Right now it is a light pink but will change to a dark burgundy. They have multiplied over the years a little so I have a few in this little corner.


The Pink Yarrow is in full bloom right now and will bloom most of the summer. Although I have to keep it standing with a little fence it gives this space lots of color. It stands 1.5 to 2 feet tall and is a dusty red color that blooms June to September. Really low maintenance and great cut flowers.
OK NITE FOR NOW
HAVE A GOOD ONE....
LYNN



No comments: