Saturday, June 21, 2008

Things Were "BUZZIN" in the Garden Today...

Lots of garden work got done today, it was a great day to be in the yard. Did a lot of dead heading and cutting things back and planting some new annuals to make up for the loss of color in those areas. But most of all I dodged bees... They were loving the million bells, mallows and

petunias for sure..
This one was lovin that Mallow..


ANTICIPATION...

Lots of thing just ALMOST ready to pop into bloom. I guess this is why I really love summer . All summer long something is blooming. I remember the first time I planted Moon Flowers, we sat a chair in front of that plant and just watched it open ever so slowly. All the neighbors were there with us. I suppose we all looked a little funny but it was beautiful, to see that big flower unwind and open in front of our eyes just before dark. The aroma was wonderful. I still watch them sometimes and I bring a couple in every evening, it makes things smell so wonderful. A few more weeks and they will be going strong..

The new Envy Zinnia it will be Lime Green...
MAYBE TOMORROW...

Crocosmia is Almost ready...
Petunia...
This is the one plant my husband thought I would never have. I always hated them. Now I grow them from seed and they come up like grass seed... (Kentucky 31 Grass Seed... inside joke)..
I have given away about 400 petunias in the last couple weeks and still have some left. And yea I like them now.All of my relatives have them like it or not !!!
OK time for bed so i can start another day..
HAVE A GOOD ONE...
Lynn

No comments: