Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Wedding

We found "THE" Dress very early in the fall last year and it was perfect...
Very simple and elegant...
Just what she didn't think she wanted...
until she tried it on...

Than it was all about the shoes...
I think what ever dress was going to match
these shoes that was going to be the dress she would wear...LOL
She loved them..



So now to find a veil?
We looked at all different ones..
She knew she didn't want a long veil or one over her face...
But where was that perfect one?
She just couldn't find it!
One evening after the first of the year we were working on decorations
and I had given this some thought a few days earlier
I decided I would give her something to think about...
I said do you remember my veil in my wedding pictures?
It was really long and just had lace around the edges...
What if we redid it for you to wear??
She just looked at me and cried, we did a lot of that...
So off to the closet we went.
It was old, 38 years old and had darkened with age,but after I washed it...
It looked just fine..
I remembered it being long but not that long...
I told her we could cut it to any length she wanted.
So out came the measuring tape and scissors...
We decided on the length and...
There it was just like that cut in half...

and we even have enough left in case Colleen wants to do the same with the other half some day!
Away I went to sewing it onto a beautiful comb for her hair...
But wait it still wasn't just right it needed something to up date the lace a little...
Beads and sequins were what it needed.
So for about 12 hours in the next few weeks I sat on the couch and watched TV while all the beads and sequins went on.

They really did shine in the sun that day...



To Be Continued...

Lynn

1 comment:

Balisha said...

Oh, how beautiful. What fun you must have had planning all of this. Everything is so personalized...Lynn...you are such a loving Mom...I can just tell from your posts. Can't wait to see the rest.
Balisha