Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Wedding

As I stand on an almost 50 year old braided rug
made by:
 Toms Grandmother...
Surrounded by Burlap and Muslin
I have to take time to reflect on the notion..
That a lot of my crafting started with my Mother-in-Law
getting me started doing craft shows with her
in the early 70's
I always loved to paint and started taking painting classes at age 12.
Sewing came easy when I started taking sewing classes in high school.
My mom was always sewing and making me cloths I loved...

But watching Toms Grandmother and Mom braid rugs from the time I was a young child always fascinated me. I even watched them make this rug in the middle of
Tom's mom's living room floor...
Now it is in our Family Room...

Oh by the way I married the kid across the street...
Literally!!!
So crafting,sewing,and painting was something I have always loved...

"THE DREAM"
This next project started with a dream, yea I dreamed about this one...
We already had the glass globes that went into these baskets..

I wanted to Incorporated them somehow with the roses...
In my dream I wrapped the burlap around them
to look like roses and the next day I tried them...


and shall we say the rest is history!!!

Here you can really see the roses wrapped round them...
Than you just filled them with lamp oil
and they would have burned for 14 hours...
We did the same with some single rose baskets that went on the head tables...
Roses Roses and more Roses...
AND LOTS OF HOT GLUE BLISTERS...
How would we ever survive without hot glue??? LOL

The Baskets were heavy,silver and rusty. So very rustic...
Something Amanda found at a Yard Sale for $.50 each..
So we knew we had to use them...
My girlfriend Paulette gave me a big bag of the tan grassy looking stuff
we filled the baskets with... It worked perfect...

Here one sat on that beautiful wall...
They really looked nice that night all lit...

The lemon leaves were another thing we found in
Grandma Lil's craft supplies...
There was a huge bag of them and we sure used them a everywhere...
As the tables were starting to be decorated...
Here sits one of the small baskets...
Again I can't wait to see the photographers photos.
They will be much better than just the quick shots
we took as we worked...

To Be Continued...

Lynn

1 comment:

Balisha said...

I'm following...reading all of these wonderful ideas. I wonder how your brain works...is it always thinking of a project?
Balisha