Friday, July 20, 2012

The Wedding...

"TWO FAMILIES ARE BECOMING ONE"

How could this couple look so cool
on an evening that was almost 100 degrees
with humidity like soup!!!
This was at the Luau or rehearsal dinner the night before wedding...


This was probable my favorite project!
One she picked early on and I couldn't wait to get started on...

It was the one we fought over the most...
I kept telling her it would look so good hanging on my wall
in our family room..
She said no it would look the best in her living room...

So while she was on her honeymoon we took it to their house
and it is now up in the living room.
I just enjoyed giving her a hard time over it.
Besides I would have had to change the letters to hang in my house!
(but wait til you see what I did get to keep in my family room!)

We needed to decide on size-
We were going to be outside and it needed to be bigger than life for
EVERYONE TO BE ABLE TO SEE..


I already had the frame and it was 4ft.X3ft.
That part was easy.
On one of the trips to Grandma Lil's Garage...
Amanda found this really big 3ft Grapevine Wreath.
It was perfect..
Tom cut a board out to fit inside the frame
Out came the spray glue...
And the "Burlap" was added to it.


Now to decide on the Lettering.
I knew I was going to have to paint the letters on...
I just needed to decide the size and font style
This was my first choice I taped it on to see how it was going to look...
Fine I thought!
I painted it and Hated it...
So It got ripped off and I started over...

Here we go a softer look done with oil paint this time..
I LOVE THIS SAYING...
It was perfect...
Now for the "Details"...

If you look real close you maybe can figure out what the roses are made out of...
Especially if you have ever done any reupholstering
The roses were made out of a really stiff jute strapping.
But they made beautiful roses, than I softened the spray with the
Muslin Roses.
Lots of Dried Lemon Leaves
and pearls added to the centers of the roses.
Than on the right side Tom cut out the letters.
I tied a bow to hang them on
with another Muslin rose...
And the most important part...
The Easel!
My Brother-in-Law is a wonderful
woodworker.
Tom took him a picture of an inspiration easel we liked
and the size of this monster frame.
It had to be really big and really sturdy!
You can get an idea how big it is with this 1st grader
Our flower girl standing in front of it!
It worked really well...
And welcomed everyone to
just come in and sit down...
We are all one big family  now...

To Be Continued...
Lynn

3 comments:

Balisha said...

One great project after another. I have always hated the way they have the bride's side and the groom's side at weddings. This verse is so how I feel.
Balisha

Lynn said...

Me to Pat... I just loved this one.

Megan said...

Wow that is beautiful! How did you paint on the lettering? Just by hand or did you have a template or what?