Monday, July 28, 2008

Wintering Plants...

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful. ~Abram L. Urban


Each year I try to take a few plants in for the winter... And a few more ...And a few more...

Pretty soon I'm going to need a greenhouse!!! LOL


I love my annuals but I hate to keep buying them every year. I take a few Coleus in... and my Blue Daze... and my Passion flower... and my Great Cascade....and my Bridal Veil.... and so on and so on!!! Well you get idea...


But this year I have started begonias and some new things from the Greenhouse at WVU

I have 3 new Coleus that I just love, a few friends have given me things I don't want to loose... I always take a few things to school with me each year, but I think it will be alot more this year. The kids are really going to get help me this year.


Thank goodness seeds don't take up much room, because I am already starting my new box of seeds.


My house needs more windows I can sit plants by. I do have sky lights I can sit some things under.


I NEED A GREENHOUSE !!!!!

Do I think I'm going to get one ??? Not in my near feature....


Here are some of my favorites I just have to bring in...
Great Cascade Wine Red... Lophospermum hybridPassion Flower... and there is a purple one too...
Coleus...
Coleus...

Do you see what I mean I just can't leave them to die... LOL

I might just take seeds off the Coleus, but they are so easy to just take cuttings off in the spring and have lots to give away.

OK time to go...

Have A Good One...

Lynn

No comments: