Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Water Barrel....

Ok where to start???
Oh yea that Gaillardia "Goblin" picture...

here you go..




Now some pictures of the new water barrel so you can see how we put it together. I think from the pictures you can figure it out...

Ok this one shows you how to take elbows and connect to hole you have made in top of lid.

Then cut hole in side so when barrel is full it will flow out of the side and back down down spout.

He sealed both top and side with caulk. Then in the fall we will empty and reconnect downspout.


He put a spigot at bottom with a short hose to fill watering can.

You can buy all sorts of fancy stuff to do this with, but this works perfect. In one light rain it was full. I was amazed to see how quick. If you have any questions just call me.


The upside down tomato is doing better then I thought it would... I had to move it off the porch because it got to big. It has plenty of little babies on it and lots of blooms. The coleus is even doing good...
I can't wait for a good salad...








Have a Good One...
Lynn

No comments: