Saturday, July 26, 2008

My New Favorite Flower...

There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling. ~Mirabel Osler


It seems that every year I find a new favorite flower. Well this year it has to be the Profusion Zinnia. Of course I started them from seed and they are just now blooming, so next year I will start them a little sooner. But they are beautiful. If I had to compare them to something I think it would be the marigold. It is that nice compact shape with lots and lots of tiny flowers all over it. I can see there are going to be many more to come. With really bright color to brighten up your bed. They are drought tolerant and will last until the first frost. Of course I see lots of seeds in their future.....

The last couple of years my favorite flower was the Torenia..

This flower was given to me by a student and it had lots of seeds for me to replant the last couple of years...

This year I found 2 more colors of it to plant.


So MORE SEEDS.... for next year. This one is also easy to propagate from cuttings too, That is why I always buy my annuals really early so I can take cuttings off of all of them. It is always worth a try.

This was the original plant...


These are the new ones this year... Magenta Moon ToreniaYellow Moon Torenia...Aren't They sweet...

Have A Good One...

Lynn

No comments: