Sunday, July 27, 2008

Can you Guess This One???

Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it. ~Author Unknown




Can you guess this one???

I will show you the whole flower in a few days... So study on it...



I can't get over how wonderful the Black eyed Susan's look this year. I have had these for about 5 years and they have never looked this good. I was ready to take them out last year, but now I'm glad I didn't. As you can see they are right next to the highway, so it is hot and in the winter salt is right there, it just gets lots of abuse. So I guess I will leave them..

My new White Marigolds and Pink Zinnias are going strong. One of Amanda's friends wanted to grow some seeds this year. She ask me what was easy to grow, so I told her Zinnias. She planted them in a big plastic window box inside and sat them near a window. When she brought them to the house to let me see if they were doing ok I had to laugh.... There were probably 50 plants in that box so crowded, But they were the most beautiful zinnias I had ever seen. (that is the pink one in this pot)What ever she did she sure did great for a first try.. The window she had them in was perfect. I showed her mine and they really looked sorry next to hers... It just goes to show you anyone can do this, YOU JUST HAVE TO TRY...

You know it is getting late in the season when the Loripe is blooming... The color of the purple flowers don't show up here but they are pretty...Have A Good One...

Lynn

No comments: