Saturday, August 30, 2008

Time to start Cleaning Up....

It is utterly forbidden to be half-hearted about gardening. You have got to love your garden whether you like it or not. ~W.C. Sellar & R.J. Yeatman, Garden Rubbish, 1936

Ok finally I think I got the video on my Monarch Butterfly Caterpillar changing into a Cocoon to work. I'm going to try it.
You have to forgive the sound, Tom was on the lawn mower and we were so excited just to see it happen. The next door neighbors were with me and we were amazed..
I sure hope it finally works...
HERE WE GO... Don't laugh at us!!! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-zbo7svwcM

I've been working in beds and pots all day. Trying to get some things ready to come inside. I cut my geraniums back and put some rooting hormone on them to root. I did a few a couple of weeks ago and they have already rooted. Then I will probable bring in the mother plants. All of the geraniums have great leaves I love them in my pots flowing over the sides. The different leaves are great...


The Blue Daze has been cut back and potted, it wintered really well last year.


I'm collecting seeds in between up potting things. Lots of seeds to come in for winter...


The big box of coleus someone sent from Virginia a little over a week ago have already rooted and I planted them today. It is a big pot and I hope they survive the winter,they are beautiful... I just have to find out all the names of them, and a good window to put them... So many plants and so little space. Thank goodness for my windows at school and the great teachers that let me use their windows!!!


I just wish we had longer summers, I just need to move south... Yea Right...
Or maybe get a Greenhouse... Yea Right... LOL


Look at those leaves they are beautiful.

Have a good one...

Lynn

No comments: