Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Can You Smell Fall in the Air ???

To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat. ~Beverly Nichols


Fall is in the air already... And I'm not ready for it!!! Things are still blooming like crazy.Thank goodness for annuals. Most of the perennials are really pooped out, except for a few. I'm still waiting on the Passion flowers to bloom. I know they are really late bloomers, but the vines look great.

As we sat on the front porch last night just before dark the petunias smelling so wonderful and the little hummingbird moths taking advantage of them. It was hard to imagine that fall is truly just around the corner. When we take everything off this porch for winter it looks so bare... I just hope we have a wonderfully warm fall, so we can enjoy it just a little longer...
This new Begonia is just bursting with color, this is the first year in a long time I have had begonias and this year I have several different ones. I'm going to name this one "Grace" because that is who I got this one from, and it has been a good one...
This has been a great year for the Coleus... I always add a few more each year.. So I think next year I will actually put them in their own bed. I have so many I have to winter, I guess my windows at school will be full of color this winter...


This Lime Green Coleus on top and my Cherry Tomatoes on the bottom. My upside down tomato was a success. I have been eating tomatoes for about a week now and they are wonderful. It was just fun to watch them growing upside down. It was double the fun with 2 things growing in this pot....
Have A Good One...
Lynn

No comments: