Friday, August 22, 2008

Begonia Day...

Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity. ~Lindley Karstens

One of the things still in wonderful bloom are my begonias... I have tried my hand at a little propagation this year and things are still alive!!! LOL I had no idea you could cut up a leaf and it would make new babies. It took a while but it worked... I cut them put them in small pots with baggies around them, stuck them in a window and sat back and watched them grow. So here is a few pictures of my new babies.. Of course I have know idea what ones they are. So if you have any idea let me know!!!

I showed you a picture of my new begonia the other day but since then I found out a few things about it...

Take a closer look at it... It has two different flowers, one double and 2 single blooms on the same stem.

What I didn't know it that one is a female on the right and the male on the left. How cool is that, and beautiful too...

This one is an angel wing that my daughter bought me and it is going crazy. I had it on the front porch but it was so messy with all the spent blooms everywhere. So I put it in the back on the gate and it loves it there, and so do I...
This one was a wonderful gift from a great friend... My new Rex Begonia has really grown this summer, it will be beautiful this winter inside...

One more, this lovely spotted one is really cute... Again I have know idea what it is called..


Have A Good One,

Lynn

No comments: