Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Veterans Square.. Our Town

For the last couple years my husband and I have taken on the task of planting at the Veterans Square in our town as our Master Gardener Project..
Last year we planted all annuals that I had grown. This year we decided to plant a few more perennials. So I started to dig up a lot of my things and the neighbors things and did a little begging at the University Greenhouse. But we finally got enough to plant, and we got it planted. It will take a few weeks before it starts looking good, we gave it all a little Miracle Grow hoping that would give it a little kick start... This is the biggest bed, but it does have some shrubs...
There are two small planter boxes coming down the steps...

This one we put in about 60 Marigolds and one Seedum..

Lots of Nicatina and petunias in the big bed...
A closer shot of the Marigold Bed...
The big bed of Nicatina and Petunias...

This one is mostly Campanula Korean Bell Flowers and some Hosta and Marigolds...

This one has a lot of shade so it got the most Hostas, some Snapdragons and Statis
. We also popped in a few Salvia's here and there....
The best thing about all of the beds are that they are RAISED BEDS...

Last but not least My Hummingbird on the front porch, I finally had a camera in my hand when she showed up... LOL

Have a good one,
Lynn







1 comment:

Balisha said...

What a nice project. I'll bet it will be appreciated by so many.Be sure to update with pictures.