Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Prickett's Fort State Park...

I had a very enjoyable evening at Pricketts Fort State Park
tonight. Our Master Gardner meeting was held here tonight. We had a wonderful covered dish dinner. I love getting together with everyone this time of year, talking about everything that is going on in your gardens, flowerbeds and all the different projects we are working on this time of the year.

The original Constructed Fort was built in 1774.


This is the Job Prickett House built in 1859.


This is the Outdoor Theater at Pricketts Fort, it is the place both my daughters and I were in the Play "Pricketts Fort an American Frontier Musical"
From 1990 to 1997 we spent our summers at play practice then weeks of play nights. With a cast of about 50, year after year we made many new friends. A lot of entire families were in the play each year. My youngest was 7 years old when we started and my oldest was 10. Never mind how old I was!! LOL

Our Master Gardner's do all the flowerbeds here...

This is one of the new ones this year...

The pictures do not do them justice. They have done such a wonderful job planting the beds...

Of course it rained tonight and the water drops just quench the plants...
Have A Good One...
Lynn







No comments: