Thursday, June 25, 2009

In the last six months I have been watching one of my favorite blogs Lavender Hill Studio
Penny is a mosaic artist, and a wonderful one... I love looking at her work. I decided I just had to try it for myself. So I ordered the how to video she offers and the tool to cut the glass. She does such beautiful work...
This my first real piece that I'm going to give to a wonderful garden friend... I sure hope she likes it... With some flowers right out of the garden, it really looks like summer now...



Here is another piece of the china, just like the one I used for the pot....

I am having so much fun playing with this new craft. I plan on doing a few more this summer.
You are going to have to go check out Lavender Hill Studio
She is the best!!!


While I was snapping pictures tonight mommy bird was fussing at me because she wanted back in her nest...


Have A Good One,
Lynn



5 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Love the mosaic! Another thing that I have always wanted to try! Off to see the link now!

Cathy

Charmingdesigns said...

You did a great job!! Penny is inspiring! Laurie

Balisha said...

That's beautiful Lynn. Look at what you can do with a garage sale find.Even ones that you can't bear to part with, because they belonged to a family member. Have a great day! I've been out tidying up the beds for 3 hours already...time to rest and read Lynn's.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Lynn~
You did a great job! I love the way you used the border of the plate around the top and bottom of the pot. Your garden friend is going to love it!

Thank you for the sweet words about my mosaics...
Hugs,
Penny

Marie said...

Mosaic is great and I love your flowers.