Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Trash to Treasure...

We have had lots of rain this week so everything is really lush and green. Things are really starting to bloom. Spring has to be my most favorite time of the year. When we can get out and start cleaning all the beds in anticipation of all the beautiful flowers that will be coming up soon. How quickly the beds fill in and start blooming. It's time to get all the annuals planted for some instant color. In a few weeks the entire outer edge of this bed will be blue with lobelia. The lobelia had to be my buy of the summer. I got 10 packs of seeds for a $1.00 at the Dollar Store this spring. I think every seed came up, all 4 flats of them. I put them every where!!! LOL I finally got my painted floor cloths out last weekend. I almost forgot them. I painted this one a few years ago. They hold up so well, you just hose them off .

This one is just great for the porch in the summer, I even have one for xmas and other holidays...
They are just painted on plain canvas fabric and then sealed with varnish. This was my last weeks yard sale find. $5.00 and a little spray paint. I picked this up at the church sale last week, it was all black and needed a little glue on one leg. I sprayed it white then sanded it a little to destress it, and on the porch it went. I just threw a few plants on it, I need to dress it up a little but it is fine for now!!!




No comments: