Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Sunday With Nature...

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes. ~e.e. cummings

Wild Wonderful West Virginia.... I let my daughters talk me into spending a day in nature today...

WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

They said it's ok Mom just a little fishing.

No one was thinking it hasn't rained in a few weeks the water might be down...
Wow was it down.

We went to Arden, it was beautiful there but their was very little water and we had to walk across a lot of rocks!! Did I say a lot? Well it was REALLY A LOT! I finally just said I have walked far enough, so I put my chair down and their I sat. Just enjoying the view and the sound of the water running over all those rocks.

Tom did get a little fishing done, and enjoyed the day with nature...

Then we were on the move again... To see some more beautiful nature...

At least this time the rocks were flatter, the water was beautiful..

BUT...


Then they said come on mom it's just like steps, you can make it...

I think I had just about had enough of nature for the day, so off into the sunset they went!!!
And down another set of those so called steps...
While I stood there taking pictures
Then turned and walked away, letting the kids do what kids do while they are young...

But at least I got a lot of beautiful nature pictures. I bet it is beautiful here in the fall. I might just have to go back and check it out...

FROM THE ROAD...

Have a good one,

Lynn


No comments: