Monday, September 1, 2008

Bringing things inside... Can it really be that time??

God loved the flowers and invented soil. Man loved the flowers and invented vases. ~Variation of a saying by Jacques Deval

I spent the weekend replanting and getting things back inside. Everything I have read says you should start bringing things inside before you turn the heat on. So inside they are coming. Especially all the houseplants. Things have grown so much this summer. I probably should have cut a few things back but they looked so good. I couldn't put some things back exactly where they were last year but it's ok...

Here are a few begonias in my new plant stand. In front of the window I hope they do good here for the winter...

Things back on top the hutch looking up at the sky lights. I love the light in my kitchen and dinning room, and so do the plants.
Thanks to the Master Gardener Classes this winter I learned to propagate from a leaf cutting and this little begonia is thriving, I hope it likes it by this sky light...
This is one that got moved it may or may not do good here. Thank goodness for all my kitchen cabinet tops...

I have lots of space to sit plants up there and have one of those long tiny hoses to hook to my kitchen sink for watering up high. It reaches all around my kitchen. Thank goodness I only water about once a week up there...LOL
This is my pot of who knows what??? They came from the greenhouse this winter, a little pinch of this and little pinch of that...
Tiny babies and look now beautiful they have become this summer.
The only one I know for sure is the tall one, it is Mother of Millions. It was about 1/2 inch tall when I planted it. I see why it is called what it is because babies are everywhere. I'm taking them to school for the kids to take care of in Kindergarten so they can watch them grow this winter and have their own plant to take care of...Have a good one,
Lynn

No comments: