Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fall Plantings...

Can we conceive what humanity would be if it did not know the flowers? ~Maurice Maeterlinck


This is Helenium and it is still going strong.
Of course the stonecrop seedum is beautiful also, and the Marigolds will be around until the first frost, Coleus have to be my favorite for the lasting color they give until frost also. These are a few websites that will give you more of an idea of what to plant for fall...
I hope you enjoy them...

http://www.flower-gardening-made-easy.com/fall-flowers.html



This is a new one I got from a great friend this spring. She just pinched hers off and I rooted it and now it is finally blooming and beautiful.

It is Plectranthus 'Mona Lavender'
I am taking this one to school with me tomorrow, I don't want to loose it...
What a pretty little face it has...
About three weeks ago one of my Dave's Garden friends mailed these from Virginia, just as cuttings. They are now rooted and growing quite well and ready to come inside. Hopefully they will make it through the winter at school too... I have even ID all of them now just keeping track of them til spring. I need to get the tags ready for them. There are hundreds of coleus' I have no idea how they keep such good track of them.

I know you are thinking what is this???
These are what I call my inside plants...
Tom's saltwater fish tank. Talk about color in the winter. Everything in this tank is alive even the rocks... I love to just sit beside it and watch. Always something new growing and we are always adding new fish or creatures as I call them...

Ok now that I am completely off the subject of flowers I will see you later...

Have a good one,
Lynn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok tell me what you want to know about as far as your gardens go. What do you want to plant next year, what didn't do well for you this year. Or just tell me you were here and say "HI" I need some feedback!!!
Get Chatty with me gang!!!