Sunday, September 27, 2009

Childrens Gardening Update...

I am having so much fun working on this project for the Reading Council and the Mater Gardeners. I just hope the weather holds so the kids will be outside all day going from reading station to reading station, enjoying all the books and their big painted story boards. I got another story board finished the other night on Starting Seeds.
I really wanted something to give out to the kids about seeds, but this time of the year you don't find many flower seed packs out, then it came to me about the Grass Head People... I don't know weather you can read this or not when you click on the picture to enlarge it you might... They are really easy to make and the kids just love to watch their hair grow and give them a hair cut!!!
I started a few yesterday and sit them on tip this lamp so they will get lots of light for the next few days. In hopes the grass will grow before next weekend...



They are just made out of knee high pantyhose, you put 3 tsp. of grass seed down in the toe, add about 1 1/2 cups of potting soil. Then tie a knot to secure. Turn it right side up and Glue on a face with buttons. Sit it on top a small cup with water in it, the hose will suck up the water and keep it damp so the grass will grow. Sit it in a sunny window... and watch them grow...
We are going to make up 100 small baggies with grass seed in them with the directions on how to make their own Grass Head Person...


My daughter and I went to the craft store on Thur night and got some stuff to make a wreath for my mother, I think it turned out ok. She is going to her 65th Class Reunion this Saturday night. I am going to take it to the place where they are having it and sit it on her table for a surprise... I hope she likes it!!! I can't imagine my 65th reunion. I hope she takes pictures!!!

Have A Good One,
Lynn



2 comments:

Balisha said...

Lynn, Lynn, Lynn...Is your brain just bursting with ideas? I have never seen such a thing. The kids will love these.Have fun..you are a special person.
Love, Balisha

Darla said...

Love the grass heads!! THe wreath is beautiful, I just know your Mom will be surprised..