Sunday, September 6, 2009

My daughter...

Our daughter bought her first house this week. I am so proud of her! Here she is signing all the papers for her new home...
She is finding out what it is like to own a home, she is already in remodel mode!!! The new roof is already on and the new windows will be ordered this week. She's refinishing floors, and the attic room upstairs... She has already gotten all the drywall riped down in the attic and almost ready to put up new... the amazing thing is she is single and doing this mostly by herself. Working all day and coming home in the evenings and working on the house. Then crashing early.... But she is doing it!!! That's how you do it when you are young, I think I remember those days! LOL

"CONGRATULATIONS COLLEEN"

BEGONIA...


This is my second year for this plant. Last year when I planted the tuber I expected just another begonia. It has been magnificent, I had no idea this plant had a male and female flower on it... You can see both in this picture... When I saw the blooms last year I went straight to Dave's Garden research it, and sure enough there it was !!! How cool is that... Here is the female...

and here is the male....

What a bloom this is, I just got done watering and all the water droplets look beautiful. It is so big and stunningly magnificent!!! I wish it would last all winter. It will come inside but it will mostly die back....




Have a good one,
Lynn


No comments: