Thursday, May 28, 2009

What A Beautiful Spring Day....

What a beautiful Spring Day it has been in WV.. Hot and Humid, Sun Shinning and a beautiful blue sky...
Right before dark the skies opened up with thunder and lighting only to finish off with this magnificent Rainbow...

Why is it that rainbows always make you smile, I want to take pictures of them all...




This is the view from the swing on the front porch, our evening rainbows are always right in the front of the house...

The first of my petunias that my daughter bought me seeds for at Christmas, are finally blooming...

They are unbelievably beautiful... This is the first time I have grown the double ones from seed...

She bought me 2 different pink ones, purple, burgundy and blue. I also grew the green one I had last year from the seeds. I am surprised it came back true ...

I think the double ones are my favorites...



Coleus one of my new favorites the last few years, I always save a mother plant to propagate early, and save seeds from the rest.Then pick up a few new ones at the local garden center really early in the season and start pinching them like crazy. Of course my kitchen window is always full of starts... But they only take about a week to root really well and out in the gardens they go...


LOOK AT THOSE ROOTS...


This one is Lime Red...


SEE MY WINDOW IS FULL OF NEW BABIES...I try to propagate almost anything I get new... I just have to try and see if I can do it!!!


I love a challenge!!!

MAY BLOOMERS...


Have a Good One...

Lynn

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hey Lynn:
I'm trying double petunias this year - pink and purple. I hope they look as nice as yours!

Tolentreasures said...

I love the rainbow pictures and all of your flower pictures.

Cathy