Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Mish-Mosh Day

I had an awesome Mothers day, I got to spend Sunday evening with both my girls. As always they got me fantastic garden presents. My youngest took me to the garden center on Friday and let me pick what I wanted. She says I have too many things and always wants to make sure I get something new!!! We had so much fun looking at all the plants together. So many plants and so little time and no more room...Here I am potting up a few things she gave me for Mothers Day...

These pots remind me of those hangers you see on the commercials that hang so many cloths in so little space... Lots of plants fit with so little space, so I can plant MORE!!! LOL
My oldest daughter made me this beautiful mailbox planter. She had the boys in welding class at school cut the center out of a mail box. Then she used scrapbook paper to cover it with, added ribbon and cute buttons, then varnished it good. She got a few plants and we planted it on Sunday... Once it fills out it is going to be beautiful... she is so creative....

As much as my girls made fun of me being the crafty person, they have both turned into their mother. They are so talented!!!

Power tools... you got to love them, my wonderful cousin Debbie gave me the garden auger last summer and this was the first time this year I got to use it... It works wonderful. It took the weeds out and got my soil ready to plant. Then I changed to the little one for all my holes to plant in.... How Cool is that!!! Thanks Deb...

I just had to add this one they looked so cute I had to take a picture... My furry babies!!!

Have a Good One,

Lynn

7 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Lynn, Sound like your Mother's Day was greaat. Love those power tools!

Tiffany Rose said...

I made the stacked terra-cotta pot thing for mom for Mother's Day. We did it together, we had a great time and she loved the finished product. I plan on putting some pictures up of it sometime this week! :) Thanks for the great idea!

Lynn said...

I am so glad she liked it, but wait until it is all filled out and beautiful... Can't wait to see pictures...

Unknown said...

Hi, dropped by from Tootsie Time...Great blog, love the mailbox planter. Oh the ideas from blogging!!!

Daisy Cottage said...

It is so nice to meet you! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

Your flowers are beautiful!
And I know you live in a gorgeous part of our country! My parents were born and raised in West Virginia!

xo,
Kim

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, they are darling! I miss my two Min Pins more than I can tell you. Loved seeing your babies, and your sheltie is precious, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Tolentreasures said...

sounds as though you had a great Mother's day. Don't you love that your girls turn into you no matter how hard that they try not to?

Cathy