Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It has been such a busy long weekend, and I have so much to post I don't know where to start.
So I may as well start with MRS. WHAT'S HER NAME... I really do need to name her.
She is so big she makes me feel like a "SIZE 6" LOL So she needs a Grand Name...
She is just a good old Country Gal. She now has a cowboy hat hanging on her back and a big basket of flowers she is holding. I even planted a few petunias in her skirt to see how they are going to do. She has a big ole Bootie, that is going to look great full of wave petunias, by the way I grew from "seeds".
I planted calendula all the way around the bottom of her skirt. I had tons coming up in the front beds.
Little at a time she will get done. But I was on a field trip today and it rained all day!
The New Addition... A second water barrel has been added, and as of this evening they are both full... I have a soaker hose going all the way through the large bed in the back. Two years ago when my husband found out the water bill was over $200.00 in July he decided we needed to do something... I LOVE TO WATER FLOWERS!! LOL
It worked wonderful last summer. After I get the vines planted you won't even be able to see the barrels. I have wire that goes all the way around them that the Hyacinth Bean grows on...

Tom caught me planting the Mummsy Marigolds yesterday in the front bed, I didn't even know he had the camera until I started downloading pictures today... I can't wait until those tipsy pots start to over flow with flowers...

Update on baby Robins only a week old, how they have grown...

One of my NEW FAVORITE PLANTS... Bloody Sorrel, with it's beautiful bright green leaf with a magnificent burgundy stripe up the center, no flowers just beautiful foliage.. this is just the second year for this one. It was one of the first to come up in the spring and twice the size as last year. I have two and just love them...
LAST BUTT NOT LEAST THE ZOO...

THE END...

Have A Good One,

Lynn


5 comments:

Dave said...

Maybe call her Aunt Petunia? Since she has petunias in her skirt and her form reminds me of Aunt Jemima syrup bottles!

Rain barrels are a cool thing. I need a couple myself.

vickie said...

How did you make the tipsy pots? I've seen them a few places. We have one of those rain barrels too, they do help. Aunt Petunia is a cute name! Or, Miss Petunia.

Tolentreasures said...

Great post! I need those rain barrels also, our water bill is a little over the top in the summer also. Love the lady, can't wait to see how she grows.

Cathy

Balisha said...

Hi Lynn,
How about "Mistress Mary"...after Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary?

Or "Bloomin Betty'"

Or "Lynn's Folly"



I'll keep thinking...

JAM said...

When I come in for Labor Day, you must teach me how to do the rain barrels. That is key to watering the 1500 bulbs we plant every year. Uh huh. I am getting as bad as you are, Lynn!!!!

XOXO

Johnny Mainella