Monday, February 9, 2009

Update on the couch (and a few flower pictures!!!)

The weather was absolutely beautiful this weekend , I wanted nothing more than to go outside and just play in the flower beds, but there is just too much winter left to start on that...

So while trying to stay out of my flowerbeds this weekend I decided to work on the 1902 Fainting couch. So far I am happy at how things are coming along. It has been a challenge since I have NO idea how this piece looked when it was new, and of course there is the thing that I have never done anything like this before!!!LOL So I figured do the easiest piece first.... The Back....

Now if I just knew where to go next..... I've been trying to research this piece on the Internet, with not much to go on. Other than it was made in 1902 and was in the Sears Catalog. Of course I didn't save that catalog!!! So I can't look it up...


This was the before picture, I have no idea why they only padded the center section, it made no sense, and it was done in a gold velvet fabric....Someone actually has one posted on E-Bay that looks a lot like this one, and she sent me a few pictures.... It did give me a little idea of how mine might have been done...

OK this is a GARDEN BLOG... So here it is last summers flowerbed and my funky flower pots....

Spring will be here soon... JUST KEEP TELLING YOURSELF THAT!!!

HAVE A GOOD ONE,

LYNN

2 comments:

Lona said...

Oh Lynn, it is looking so gorgeous! Just love it. Knew you would do a great job with it.
Aren't Tipsy Pots fun.
Lona

Balisha said...

Hi Lynn,
Happy Valentine's Day...have fun.