Saturday, November 28, 2009

My flowers have no clue it is November 28th! And the Wonderful West Virginia Mountains

It is November 28th and unseasonable warm for West Virginia. By this time of the year there isn't usually a flower in sight! I haven't even gotten out my winter coat yet! I just can't believe what it still blooming... Take a look!!
This is a new coneflower I planted from seed this summer, I planted them late never thinking they would bloom until next year. But here it is going crazy...






Of course all of my ornamental cabbages are doing great, they love the cold. But as you can see the sun was shinning today when I took the pictures. It will be almost 60 tomorrow, when Tom will be putting up Xmas lights!

I love the color the cabbage and Kales give your yard in the winter. Especially right by the front door...





This is my favorite, all that white and purple!!!


Than there was the wonderful hunting trip for my husband. He took my camera, that is why I didn't post this week. I couldn't take any pictures! He didn't shoot a deer but at least he got to bring home enough deer meat to make some deer Jerky one of the guys gave him! I told him he had to come home with enough for my Jerky I love it!!!
He even took a picture of a Tombstone on Shavers Mountain. This is who the mountain was named after Peter Shaver. I love the Tombstone " Killed By Indians 1781".

It finally snowed late in the week. They had T-Shirts on earlier in the week, all they wanted was some snow!!! This was at deer camp.



Isn't that beautiful, Seneca Rocks...


It is worth it each year if he just sees one Bald Eagle!!! and he DID!!!

This is the North Fork of the South Branch of the Potomac River...(did you get all of that!!! LOL) Just down stream from Seneca Rocks... It would have been prettier with snow!


Beautiful water...
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and survived Black Friday... We are really into the Holiday Season now!!!
Have a Good one...
Lynn












7 comments:

Balisha said...

Just look at all your flowers! I am looking out my window in the computer room at trees and flower border all bare and dried up. No color except the earth tones. I do, however, have color inside...Christmas trees lit, candle going, and a turkey in the oven.Have a good week.
Balisha

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wow! Your flowers are still looking wonderful!

Joyce said...

Hard to believe you still have flowers in bloom, that's great.
We had nice weather today in Maryland Sunny and 63 degrees, now that's my kind of winter weather...LOL

Lynn said...

It is crazy to have flowers in bloom this time of year. I don't think I have ever had anything blooming this late!!!

Darla said...

Your flowers look good...I haven't purchased any cabbage or kale this year...I love it though. Looks like your husband had a good time, cool capture of the Eagle!

Anonymous said...

Lovely colors what a treat!

I have an award for you
http://zindagi-traume.blogspot.com/

Jaime said...

Your flowers are absolutely beautiful. I did have some Black-eyed Susans trying to bloom around that time. And because of the super cold weather in September my daffodils are 6 inches tall already. I hate that because the tips will be brown this spring. But what can you do? I look forward to reading some of your blogs. Thanks for the address.

Jaime