Monday, July 18, 2011

An evening in the country...

I spent the evening at my youngest daughters house, out in the country. It is beautiful there and so quiet...
We took a walk around her property to pick some blackberries. We got probably enough for me to make a couple of Blackberry cakes... Maybe in another week there will be more ripe. But it was a beautiful evening to pick. There was no humidity and only about 79 degrees. We waited until about 7:00 to start so it was really nice.


These are some of the neighbors horses running in the field above us. As we walked up "their" road they just walked by us like we weren't there... and continued to play...

I probably took more pictures than picked berries, but things were in full bloom up in the field as we walked. The Joe Pie Weed was really blooming and far above our heads...

Queen Ann's Lace has to be one of my favorites. I remember as a child picking hands full of it and bringing it inside to put in a vase with food coloring so it would change colors. I was just amazed at how it did that.

The white of the Queen Ann's Lace looks like white sparkles down this farm road on both sides.

As we walked around to the other side of the property, finally to the point where they had just put up hay. There were big round bales still sitting in the field above the big pond, we found lots of berries ripe and ready to pick. This is the perfect time to go fishing now that everything is cut, so we are going to make some time this week to do just that. Sit and throw a line in that beautiful pond to see what we can catch...

Now back to the house to spend some time playing with her two dogs...
The monster Mastiff... Cabela
She is so big, but such a gentle giant...

...and the tiny Chihuahua, Harley...
"Here it comes my tiny little kiss on the nose"


They both have to be right on top of me while I am there.

Finally they relaxed and gave up for a while...
Now this is comfort!!!

and so cute...

and our big guy finally fell asleep.
In a few  weeks we get to baby sit these two along with our three. I am so glad they get along so well. But it is like a zoo here for 4-5 days each summer while the kids take a few days for vacation.
I'll take pictures while there are here and post!

Have a great day,
Lynn

No comments: