Sunday, June 12, 2011

Take Time to Smell the Roses...

Remember this: Whoever

sows sparingly will also reap

sparingly, and whoever sows generously

will also reap generously.


2 Corinthians 9:6 NIV





KEEP HEALTHY

Gardening is one activity that promotes good health.

Being outdoors in the fresh air or even busy with

the care of indoor plants can improve physical and mental well-being.

Wearing appropriate clothing- a long-sleeve cotton shit and

wide-brimmed hat-- when outdoors will protect from harmful

sun rays or some plant irritants. For areas of your skin that

aren't covered, be sure to use a good sunscreen.

Even spiritual fitness can be improved as the gardener meditates on a

scripture verse or spends time in prayer while working.


From: Inspiring Thoughts for Gardeners




Today I came in the house and this is what I saw, now this is comfort. Only I can't imagine being comfortable using a table as a pillow. But this is where she likes to lay and I guess she is comfortable....



Because it wasn't long she was sound asleep...

We have had Mia since April 2000. She was born Feb. 18,2000.

Just a little fuzz ball when she arrived that day. Ready to take on the world, running and playing all over the house. Now she is content to just lay with her head

propped up on this little table, with not a care in the world.

I think in my next life I want to come back as a dog. At least one of my dogs!!!

They are such a part of our lives. I really don't think I will ever be without a dog,

as long as I can still care for one. Unconditional Love is what you always

receive, and I love every minute of it!!!




MY SWEET "MIA"




This purple just jumps out at you. Purple is one of my favorite colors in the gardens.

This Campanula was just in full bloom when I took this picture...

I wish they could stay looking like this just a little longer...


Mountain Laurel
Mountain laurel is also called ivybush, calico bush, sheep laurel, lambkill, clamoun, and spoonwood (native Americans used to make spoons from the wood). The mountain laurel is one of the most beautiful of native American shrubs. The fragrant star-shaped white and pink flowers have attracted travelers since early colonial days (first recorded in America in 1624).


This Mountain Laurel has been in my back yard for years, even before we moved here

33 years ago. I don't remember ever looking at it this close. It was in full bloom just a

few weeks ago and I decided to take a few pictures. To my amazement after looking

at the close up pictures, they are just beautiful. So something so close and here for so

long how could I have missed this beauty?




We really need to take the time and Smell the Roses as they say!!

Life just needs to slow down a little sometimes.


Everyone have a great week!!!

Lynn









































1 comment:

Balisha said...

Love the beauty of this post. Love that Mia too...she is precious. Nice to read your post again.
Balisha