Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Jimmy Buffet Concert

"MARGARITAVILLE"
What a beautiful day we had with our girls and their friends... The weather was perfect (at least for me) hot,92 degrees,sunny, and a beautiful breeze...
This is Tom and I just at the start of the concert... Him in his lei and me with my flip flop earrings on...LOL
As my husband says this isn't just a concert it is an event. You see everything at this concert. You go early and tailgate all day. You walk around to see all the sights and find lots of friends... This was our first Buffet Concert, along with 8 others that went with us. But not for my oldest daughter. She has gone for a few years and loves every moment of it.
This Concert was an Anniversary gift from both of our girls. I must say it was one of the best gifts they ever gave us!!! We really enjoyed our time with them and the concert. What an experience.... I danced for 3 hours and today I can hardly move... LOL
 Someone in the parking lot had a hula hoop and I just couldn't wait to try it. I used to love doing this as a kid... and at 56 I can still do it!!!

 Don' make fun, I couldn't find my glass that was packed somewhere in the car... and I got caught taking a sip from the bucket!!! Life is good in "Margaritaville"..
 In "Margaritaville" you meet all kinds of people willing to get their picture taken with you...
 Here Colleen and I are having a little fun at someones site, you really could find all kinds of things in this huge parking lot of fascinating people... and Colleen wanted me to see as many sights as I could on this first trip!!!
 She was even equipped with signs and all all kinds of things to decorate our site, our hair, our flip flops. She was surely prepared for everything...
 Our neighbors parked beside us gave us girls all umbrellas for our hair...
 Coleen said last year it was really hot, but this year even with the high temperatures we had a great breeze so we were all comfortable... and of course a few cold drinks helped too... LOL

Tom loves the song Son of a Sailor and he is "Truly the Son of a Sailor" so he was proud to hold this sign Colleen had made just for him when they played this song...

 Amanda's boyfriend was having a great time in his Shark hat... "Fins to the left-Fins to the right...

 Lots of blankets here on the lawn just before things got started, what a crowd they had...



Amanda and I


Look at all the people, we stood all evening and danced the night away... and believe me my body feels it today!!! LOL


Here they are at the end of the evening it was just wonderful, I can't wait to go back next year!!!
A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL...

Hope you have a great week,
Lynn

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Lynn...those pictures are priceless. Thanks so much for showing what a "party girl" you are. Happy anniversary...Balisha

Winnie said...

Hi Lynn, I'm glad you got to experience a Jimmy Buffet Concert. Ron and I use to go to his concerts before he became so popular! We still go when we can.
Hope you get to go again next year!
P.S. Love your blog! Winnie

Winnie said...

Lynn, so glad you got to go see Jimmy Buffet, Ron and I use to go see him before he was popular! He's the best. Hope you get to see him again next year! Winnie