Sunday, October 10, 2010

I am still alive... AND KICKING!!!

We have been back in school for about 6 weeks now, but seems like 6 months. I think I'm getting to old for this stuff. The kids are so young and the chairs are too small! LOL I can't believe I haven't blogged since August. I come home from school and just sit down and knit for a few to chill out. Than it is back to reality fixing dinner and doing some house work... shower and to bed I go.
I finally got some of my plants back inside today in the basement under the lights. I would love to be able to bring more in but there just isn't room. Than of course you have to remember to water them. I am not a good inside winter gardener. I just hope they survive!!! I had a volunteer Gourd come up this summer right by the back porch and I just didn't have the heart to pull it up. Now I'm glad I didn't I have lots of gourds to decorate with this fall...
The blooms have been just beautiful...



At least I have been able to get some knitting done... This one is knitted on # 19 needles with strips of muslin... about 4 yards of it. But it was so cool to do and really didn't take too long to finish. I love it in my bathroom...






This one on the other hand is taking a while and I have to concentrate too hard. It is called "Entrelac" you knit in two different directions. But once you catch on it is easy... This is done in 100% wool and I will felt it when I am done to make a purse. My daughter is knitting on too but she is way ahead of me!!!




I purchased this yarn off of EBay a while back, it is bamboo and very tiny. I had no idea what I would make with it and have started several projects only to rip them out. But I think I will like this little lacy light weight scarf to wear to work. I may add some beads to the edges just to dress it up a little when it is finished...

This one is really funky, the yarn keeps changing and I love it... I will probably give this one as a Xmas gift...

Now to my new Favorite Pattern. I have made 4 of these for gifts already... It is really easy and quick and it looks great on!



I wore this one to a football game the other night and it was great... It only takes a 50g ball of yarn. You just pull one end right through that little opening fold down the little collar and you are ready to go...

THEY ARE JUST TOO CUTE...
I love the computer you don't have to buy books anymore to get patterns you can get so many of them free right on the computer... You just have to look around to fine what you want!
Well I hope it isn't so long in between posts anymore, I will try to be a better blogger!!!
Have a Good One,
Lynn











2 comments:

Darla said...

Nice to see you. Love the gourds and man what great pieces you are knitting. I love the half doillie thingy (sp)...adore the scarves too!

Balisha said...

Welcome back, Lynn...I knew you were out there. From the looks of it...those needles have been keeping you busy. You are so advanced in your knitting. I love the little scarves that are last on your post. Such pretty yarn. It takes me forever to knit something. I can't keep track of complicated patterns. Reading this post makes me want to knit tonight. Have a great week. Hugs, Balisha