Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wonderful Family!!!

We spent this morning with my Mother-in-Law at the nursing home. She has to be the sweetest woman I have ever met. We have lived next door to her for 32 years and it has always been wonderful. I have so many wonderful memories over the years. The first year we were married I taught her how to drive, I was only 19 at the time and fearless... They told me no one could teach her how to drive... Well that's all anyone had to say! Three months later she had her own car and was driving everywhere!!! And Loving it!!!
One time she asked me to go buy her a pair of new tennis shoes, I asked her what size and she told me 2 1/2, and I said ok really what size do you need??? I didn't think anyone could wear that small of a shoe... I don't think she was ever 5 feet tall , but that is what she told everyone!
This is my mother-in law and Tom my husband and his sister Patti. I just took this picture last Friday since it turned out so good I'm going to have it printed and framed. We were all on our way to the Funeral Home because one of her best friends that lived right across the street from her had died.. Everyone at the nursing home told her how great she looked and asked where she was going? Well she told them the Funeral Home, " But I AM Coming back!!!" she said...
Today the head nurse was there because she is having trouble eating so she told her she could just eat a little every hour or two. When they came in to give her, her meds that she hates to take, the nurse asked what she wanted to take them with to make them taste better, she said Bud Lite! That nurse said OK what ever you want!!! So we are taking a little cooler to keep them in! Sometimes Life is Good, she gave that nurse such a Big Hug!!!
She is very ill with cancer, but what a sense of humor she has. She is not letting it get her down, I just thank God she is in no pain, and they are taking such great care of her...
I was blessed with the Greatest of IN-LAWS....
Lil I Love You!!!

1 comment:

Balisha said...

Lynn...I have tears in my eyes. I can feel the love that you have for her in this very poignant post. You are lucky to have her and she's lucky to have a special daughter-in-law.
Balisha