Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lots of info JAMED into 1 Blog...

Like any good meal I will start with dessert first!!! I had a party Tue. night and this was dessert, Ice Cream Sandwich, White House Cherry, Oreo, Ice Cream Pie... YUMMY...
One of my favorite pieces when I have a party is this , filled with Iced Tea or sometimes Sangria...
The floor is finally finished and everything is back in the bedroom. The older I get the more I want to be surrounded by old things. I think they should be out where everyone can see them not tucked in a closet somewhere hidden...
This is an antique child's dress.... I got this one at a yard sale somewhere, I just wonder who wore it?


So glad the floors are done, before I started back to school. Although it went faster than I thought it would. About a week and everything was back in there...

I showed you the antique mirror a couple weeks ago, this is the Chifforobe that belonged to my Grandmother that I redid to match the mirror...




Up close...
It was fun to do with all that texture paste in a cake decorating bag, putting on all the vines and leaves just like I was decorating a cake. It really gave it a different look... If you click on the picture I think you can see the texture under the vines, that was done with tissue paper crinkled up and put on with watered down Elmer's glue to give it that leather look...


This sits on my dresser, In the picture is my husbands Grandfather when he was about 18. The banjo in the picture he made himself... That is the banjo in the picture sitting on the dresser... I was so glad there was a picture of him with it!!!



The old trunk was in our attic when we moved here. We finally got it out and refinished it for this room. The gentleman that lived here carried it to World War 1 with him. It still had his helmet in it...
The braided Rug on the floor was one my husbands Grandmother made back in the early 60's for my husbands bedroom, and the green and white quilt on the wall was also one she made... I just feel so lucky to be surrounded by all of these things...
We just brought this one home from my husbands aunt and uncles attic, it also belonged to his
Grandparents...
This Victrola was so heavy it took two of us to carry, but all I did was wash it down with some Murphy's Oil Soap and give it a coat of Lemon Oil...
I just brought this one down about a week ago out of the attic, the little Red Scooter was my husbands... Isn't it just too cute???

You can get a better look at the rugs here, and see their size. I can't imagine how long it took to make it and all the wool clothing that went into it....All that braiding and sewing!!!



Here is my youngest Amanda with my mother who is 83. They are so cute just about the same size except mom is only about 4'11'' now and hardly 100lbs. She goes to the spa 3 time a week and does aerobics. I can't keep up with her...

Last night we sat on the porch and of course all the dogs had to be with us... The Princess Claudia... in HER chair...
She sticks her nose through the hole and watches all the traffic go by...Look how cute...

No one sits in this chair if she is out there with us....
Every once in a while I can catch the hubby, to get a picture, just chillin...


So he had to get me too... These are my swingers... Always right up there with me....


This is our brush pile down back by the garden, it is to close to the garden to burn in the summer so I cover it up by growing gourds on it... They go crazy there...
They are really starting to grow...

So this was one weeks of blogs in one night... It has just been a busy week and I couldn't get to the computer long enough to post things... Sorry it was so long...
Have A Good One,
Lynn


















3 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

I love this post! I love the banjo and the picture to go with it! Your home looks lovely, so restful!

Cathy

Barb said...

I love your long post. I love everything about your room. It is just beautiful.

Barb

Balisha said...

Hi Lynn,
What great pictures. Your home looks so comfortable with all your touches. Love those puppies!
Thanks for your nice comments at my blog...You're a good friend.
Balisha ((HUGS))