Monday, August 10, 2009

Floor is Finished...

The floor is finished...Yea
All the furniture went back in last night now I have to unload the closet so we can do the floor in there. If your closets are like my walk in !!! LOL You know I have a job to do today!!!
This room was all dark wood before with carpet, we still have to replace the window moldings and chair rail and a couple of doors, but that will be a winter job. We just wanted to get the floor down this summer... The floral walls are done with Waverly Fabric put on with Liquid Starch... I will never put up wallpaper again. When you take the fabric off you just pull and it all comes off in one piece. Wipe the excess Starch off walls and you are done. It has been up for at least 5 years now and not one piece has pulled away from the wall. I just run the sweeper over it!!! I removed some from the Master Bathroom and reused it to make a curtain, how cool is that!!! You can't reuse wallpaper...
I made the cornice boards to match...

This mirror belonged to my grandmother, I've had it for years and just never knew where to put it. So I refinished it and in the bedroom it went...


This is the dress I Graduated Kindergarten in, many years ago... "1960"



My husbands uncle's mother made this piece that hangs across the top...



This was done by using a Cake Decorating Bag filled with Texture Paste. I made the vines with a tiny round tip, and the leaves with a leaf tip. Just like you would on a cake. Let it dry prime it , paint and antique it... I have two nightstands and an antique closet done this way too...
Ok I guess I have to go back to work unloading that closet, break time is over... Have a great day!!! ttyl
Lynn





5 comments:

Balisha said...

You clever, clever, clever lady!!!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Wow! You are amazing! So creative!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Wow, the floor came out beautifully! I love the way you have decorated the room with objects that have history and special meaning, just lovely.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful floors and I love your idea for dressing up the picture frame!! I hope I can remember that Idea when I find something to use it on!!

Love the fabric wallcovering too- and its great that it is a "green" choice which seems to be so important these days!

blessings
mary

Tolentreasures said...

Love your room and the tip on the fabric on the wall is very interesting, now where could I use that? I love the mirror and love the little dress. I have one of mine stuffed in the closet, I should display it. So many great ideas that you have!

Cathy