Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spontanious..... What did I just do???

The day started out just like any other, me yelling at the alarm clock!!! LOL I really do that everyday I tell it I DON'T WANT TO GET UP!!! We had planned to go to the Garden Show today and work at the Master Gardner Booth. We got up and got ready to go, grabbed all our stuff and out the door we went. Opened up the booth and watched all the people come in the doors. We hadn't been there a half hour when in walked a young girl with 2 animal crates under her arms. I offered to help her when I saw it.... The cutest little dog peeking out between the bars. Those Big Eyes looking up at me.... she couldn't have been 5 lbs. So the nice person I am I offered to help her. I am a sucker for a small dog!!! She went down the hall and sat down at the booth and off I went, after giving the dog one more kiss of course. I went back to my booth and worked my shift. When my shift was over I stated to walk around to see just what was there. As I walked by the Humane Society Booth there she was again, so I offered to take her for a walk, off we went down the Mall, showing her off to everyone that came by. By this time she had snuggled into my arms and was sound asleep. My husband was still at the Garden Booth when I came walking by, he just looked at me and shook his head NO!!! So back to the Humane Society I went, and home we went....

But when we got home, he started talking about the cute dog... Now you have to understand we have 3 dogs already. We have our Sheltie and 2 little Chihuahuas my daughter brought home with her when she moved back from the beach after 4 years. When she moved out again my husband would not let her take them with her. He had just fallen in love with them. SO since we took her dogs we thought it would be great for her to have another small one. But she lives with her boyfriend and he has a new puppy too, only 7 months old. BUT... she is a Mastiff. So should we give her a dog that, buy the way is 4 years old and 5 lbs along with this pup that is 80 lbs.

WHY NOT!!!! They say they are gentle giants.

So back to the Mall we go, and YES WE BROUGHT HER HOME!!! It was a weak moment, but she is now at my daughters, she loves it . We got "permission" from the Great boyfriend first, and he said why not. The biggest dog and the smallest dog. They will look good together when they go for walks he said. So now they have Cabella the Mastiff and Harley the Chihuahua...



How could you not love those eyes....

Too CUTE.....

What a day...

Have a great weekend,

Lynn

4 comments:

Rose said...

LOL, Lynn, you and I must be living in a parallel universe:) If you drop by my latest post, you'll understand what I mean. Our canine and feline household varies, depending on which daughter is living with us. After several years, Older Daughter moved with her pug and Boyfriend to Arizona. Last summer they adopted--a Mastiff! Odie the pug and Bear the mastiff are quite a pair; I posted some pictures of them in late December.

I can see why you couldn't resist those eyes--I would have been a sucker, too. I hope Harley and Cabella are becoming friends and that you can post a picture of them together one day.

Balisha said...

Oh Lord...those eyes! I am a sucker for a dog too. What a cute story.It looks like she is resting her little head on the couch you were working on.

JamieVukovich said...

Sounds like something I would do, but the dog would have stayed at my house! That's how I ended up with 5 dogs, who at this moment are running around barking at the windows as a another dog walks in our yard (How dare that dog walk on our property!).

Theresa said...

It must be in the name, Harley. What I nice story to rescue the dog and cute too! My Harley was a spur of the moment thing too and we just love him!!!