Monday, March 5, 2012

Wedding Mode... The Veil Project!

Well we are in full Wedding Mode...
My DIY daughter wants to make everything. I guess if she weren't so much like me I would say she is crazy but we are just alike and we are having fun. But it is a full time job for sure. We are down to 4 months now and I think we are doing pretty well. One of the first things she got done was buying her wedding gown. But she couldn't find a veil she liked and of course she wasn't about to pay $100.00 and up for a veil she said she could make for $10.00... LOL So we have looked and pondered over lots of different styles and we chose one she liked. Now we just needed to make it.
My mind was working over time...
And the light bulb came on!!!
My veil was huge and very long, so we drug it out of the closet and gave it a look!!!
She loved the idea!!! So away we went...
 Here I am modeling my veil from May 18, 1974...
 We started measuring and away I went with the scissors. I wanted to make sure if I was going to use this that I had enough left over in case my daughter Colleen if she wants  to do the same there would be enough for another one! There is plenty. I didn't remember it being that long...
So here we are veil in hand and ready to put it together. I finished sewing it onto a comb last week and now for the time consuming part... We are going to bead it like the trim on her gown... as soon as the sequins come in we will start, her on one side and me on the other...

So now she has her "Something Old"!!!


I can't wait to show you some of the other projects we are working on!

Until next time,
Lynn

1 comment:

Balisha said...

Hi Lynn...Glad to read your post again. Your daughters are so lucky to have this remembrance from your wedding. Can't wait to see the final results. That beading can be hard on your eyes...Take care, Balisha