Sunday, December 7, 2008

Poinsettias-Poinsettias-Poinsettias...

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

This Is Beautiful...

What a beautiful day at the greenhouse at WVU... It was cold and snowy outside and toasty warm inside...

I remember the day the little Poinsettia plugs came in, they were so small...
Now they are big and beautiful and in full color...
In fact all different colors! Thirty different Varieties...
There is a lot of work that go into those tiny plants that came in last July,before they are ready to sell for the Christmas season. But those who take care of them on a daily basis are wonderful, and also patient...
But while I was there for just 4 hours they made lots of sales to many that were in the Christmas Spirit... Getting ready for parties and the Holidays with family and friends . Some buying for friends and family, just glad they had stopped by to see all the varieties of the beautiful flower.

Here is a little video telling you how to care for your plant and how to get them to flower next year...

They have so many beautiful cultivars of this wonderful Plant!!!
This one was one of my favorites.
If you haven't stopped by to get a few of these beauties now it the time!!! Check out your nearest greenhouse...

While I was there I got a surprise!!! One of the Bonsai Trees were in full bloom. It was the Jade Bonsai. I don't think I have ever seen a Jade plant in bloom. I just wanted to take lots of pictures. I am always amazed at what I will find at the greenhouse each time I go. I had no idea 4 weeks ago this plant would be in full bloom...

WOW!!!

This is why I enjoy going to the greenhouse so much. I get to see all the blooming flowers all year long. For those who know me I am not a WINTER PERSON... Anything but... I hate to be cold and I hate to be inside. So you don't see me outside much in this cold weather. But I make up for that with my many inside winter projects... This winter it will be a one hundred year old couch I am going to refinish and reupholster.. I can't wait til spring is here!!! I'm ready to plant some seeds.
Well it is time to go back and decorate a little more. I will try to post at least once a week for the next few weeks. I do need to do some shopping since I only have a few gifts ready!
Have a Good One,
Lynn









No comments: