Monday, November 3, 2008

Catching a few sales....

"How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow."
- Elsie N. Brady, Leaves

What a great time to catch some sales on Garden "STUFF"
Yesterday while I was out shopping I found some great Hummingbird feeders.
On sale of course. I was so excited, I had decided, after seeing some beautiful hummers this summer at a friends, that is what I wanted next summer. There were so many Hummingbirds there, I just couldn't believe it!!! Flying everywhere, they could care less that we were sitting right beside their feeders. Whipping in and out so quickly.
The feeders I found are blown glass globes that glow in the dark. I think they will be beautiful hanging in the flower beds. I just wish I could put them out right now. But as quickly as fall has come, spring will be here before we know it.

Check out this site it shows the nest of the Hummingbird and those tiny babies: http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/



Have a good one,

Lynn

No comments: