Saturday, October 25, 2008

A fun day at the WVU Greenhouse !!!

Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers



On my way to Morgantown the leaves were beautiful, I just had to snap a few shots...
Now with all the frost this week the leaves are almost gone. I'm glad I got to see them at their best ! The mums were wonderful in front of the Creative Arts Center, all different colors of fall on such a beautiful morning...



As I pulled up in front of the Greenhouse I thought of the pointsetta's that I remember the day the little plugs came UPS. They were so tiny and just a few weeks ago they had gotten so much bigger and were well on their to blooming. In just a little over a month they will have the big sale and I'm quite sure they will be beautiful...

Here they are still pretty green but they will be slowly changing that beautiful Red!!!

I will try to send some more Greenhouse Pictures in a few days...

Have a Great One,

Lynn


No comments: