Tuesday, January 27, 2009

North East Getting Hit Again...

Another Snow Day in WV..... Home Again!!!

We will probably be off for a couple days with this storm. Snow today and Sleet and freezing rain expected tonight,then snow again tomorrow.... What a winter this has been. I love having snow days but I know what it will do to our spring break. They will take those days away from us. I much rather have the days off in the spring where I can get outside.....

But this gives me time to work on my couch. We got a lot done this weekend, I am so excited I'm almost at the point I can start putting things back together and start on batting and fabric.

Here is the leg before, you can see where the carved wooden detail was. It was broken and pieces were missing
This is the after picture, if you look really close you can see this is two pieces of trim.....

I ordered two sets of this trim, using one set for the center section and cut the other set apart and used them for the feet... A little bit of sanding and creativity I think it works....So things are finally shaping up...

I am really learning with this piece, I have never done anything this old "1902" so it has been an experience. Look at these springs, I had no idea they would be all tied together. Or in this case rotted strings....

But here they are all tied and ready to go...

OK time to go back to work...

Have A Good One,

Lynn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Boy, does this bring back memories! My mother used to reupholster furniture. She would take an old ratty piece and make it beautiful again. You are doing a great job!

Good luck with the storm....I have already run the cord to the generator..LOL.

Thistledew Farm said...

That is awesome! You are doing wonders with that couch! I am very impressed and glad you stopped by my site to comment on the Chihauhau dogs - of which I'm not a fan, sorry! Anyway, I am happy to add you to the list of blogs I'm following - seems like you're doing interesting things.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I wouldn't even know where to begin on a project like that. I can't wait to see to see the finished product.

Lona said...

Lynn, it is starting to look so beautiful. It is going to be gorgeous when finished. The trim work is so pretty.
We have so much ice and snow also. Hang in there .
Lona