All I have been doing is knitting scarfs for everyone I know. With my big needles I can see well enough to knit. I just put a cheesecake in the oven for tomorrow night. I love to make cheesecakes and I love eating them even more. This is a new recipe and it looks wonderful, rich, rich,rich and creamy!!! It will be hard to wait until tomorrow to dig into it!!! I will post pictures and the recipe later!!!
I want to thank everyone for all their prayers and well wishes while I have been down. I love all my blogging friends....
Happy New Year to everyone, and make sure you are careful tomorrow night if you go out!!!
Bless You All,
Well here is what I promised you!
Toblerone-Topped Caramel Cheesecake
1 1/4 cup Oreo Baking Crumbs
1/4 cup butter,melted
3 8OZ. Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbs. vanilla
1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
1(100gram)bar TOBLERONE Swiss Milk Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix crumbs and butter; press into bottom of 9 inch spring form pa.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
4. Bake 40-45 minutes or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Spread caramel topping over cheesecake just before serving. Garnish with chopped chocolate...
A FEW CHEESECAKE MAKING TIPS I LIVE BY
1. always use parchment paper in bottom of spring form pan.
2. grease pan really really well around sides.
3. make sure your cream cheese is room temperature,beat it really well, you want no lumps in this smooth mix
4.put tinfoil around bottom and up outside edge of spring form pan.
5. when you put it in oven sit on a jellyroll pan; once in over add warm water to jellyroll pan so your cheesecake is sitting in a water bath, add more if needed while cooking.
6. cook recommended time for recipe; do not over bake. Let cheesecake cool in the oven, just turn oven off and let it sit for an hour. Take out let cool a little longer than refrigerate.
THESE ARE THE THINGS I DO SO I DON'T HAVE BIG CRACKS IN MY BEAUTIFUL CHEESECAKES...